Effective: May 11, 2022
Thank you for visiting our website (collectively, the Service), which is provided by Working for Cures.
1. User Content and Communications: The Service may allow you to post content and communicate with others. This content may include text, images, photographs, audio, video, or material in any other form (collectively, “User Submissions”). By submitting User Submissions, you understand and agree that you are fully responsible for the content that you post. In particular, you may not submit, add, transmit, post, or provide content to, on, or through the Service that:
- Violates any applicable local, state, national, or international law;
- Infringes on the copyright, trademark, patent, or other intellectual property rights of any third party;
- Violates a third party’s right to privacy or publicity;
- Is false, misleading, libelous, defamatory, obscene, abusive, hateful, profane, or sexually-explicit;
- Degrades others on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual preference, disability or other classification;
- Contains epithets or other language or material intended to intimidate or to incite violence;
- Contains any commercial material, solicits funds, or promotes third parties, their products, or services;
- Constitutes or encourages conduct that would give rise to a criminal offense or civil liability;
- In Working for Cures’ sole discretion, is otherwise objectionable or inappropriate.
Please retain copies of your User Submissions, as we are under no obligation to store or return any such content to you. Your submission of content will not be subject to any obligation of confidentiality, attribution, compensation, or otherwise.
2. License: You understand and agree that for all of the content that you post through the Service, you grant Working for Cures a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, and display, in whole or in part, the content worldwide and to incorporate it in other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional purposes.
3. What’s Not Allowed: By visiting the Service, you agree not to:
- Delete or revise any material or other information of any other user, Working for Cures, its affiliates, or any third party;
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others without their consent;
- Take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Service’s infrastructure;
- Use any device, software, or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Service or any activity conducted on the Service;
- Use or attempt to use any engine, software, tool, agent, or other device or mechanism (including, without limitation, browsers, spiders, robots, avatars, or intelligent agents) to navigate or search the Service other than the search engine and search agents available on the Service and other than generally available third-party web browsers;
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse-engineer any of the software comprising in or in any way making up a part of the Service; or
- Engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Service.
You further agree not to violate or attempt to violate the security of the Service, including, without limitation:
- Accessing data not intended for you or logging into a server or account that you are not authorized to access;
- Attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
- Attempting to interfere with service to any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, by way of submitting a virus to, or overloading, flooding, spamming, mailbombing or crashing, the Service;
- Sending unsolicited e-mail, including promotions or advertising of products or services;
- Attempting to remove, alter, bypass, avoid, interfere with, or circumvent any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices marked on the content of this Service or any digital rights management mechanism, device, or other content protection or access control measure associated with the content on this Service, including geo-filtering mechanisms; or
- Forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or posting.
Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. Working for Cures and its affiliates may investigate and work with law enforcement authorities to prosecute users who are involved in such violations.
You may not build a business utilizing the content on this Service, whether or not for profit. In addition, you are strictly prohibited from creating derivative works or materials that otherwise are derived from or based on any of the content on this Service, including without limitation, montages, mash-ups and similar videos, and merchandise, unless it is expressly permitted by us in writing. This prohibition applies even if you intend to give away the derivative materials free of charge.
4. Trade and Service Mark Rights: All rights in the company names, trade names, logos, service marks, and slogans, whether or not appearing in large print or with the trademark symbol, belong exclusively to Working for Cures or its affiliates and are protected from reproduction, imitation, dilution, or confusing or misleading uses under national and international trademark laws. The use or misuse of these trademarks or any materials, except as permitted herein, is expressly prohibited, and nothing stated or implied on the Service confers on you any license or right under any patent or trademark of Working for Cures, its affiliates, or any third party.
6. Copyrights: The Service is protected under the copyright laws of the United States and other countries. All copyright rights in the Service are owned by Working for Cures or its third-party licensors to the full extent permitted under the U.S. Copyright Act and all international copyright laws. Except for content that you have posted on the Services, or unless expressly permitted in writing, you may not copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, enter into a database, display, perform, modify, create derivative works, transmit, or in any other way exploit any part of this Service. To obtain written consent, please contact [email protected] and we will review your request.
7. Notice of Infringement: Working for Cures respects the intellectual property rights of others, and requests that users do the same. If you believe in good faith that your work has been reproduced or is accessible on the Service in a way that constitutes copyright infringement or that your intellectual property rights have otherwise been violated, please provide Working for Cures’s Designated Agent with the following information in writing:
- Identification of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property claimed to have been infringed;
- Identification of the allegedly infringing material, reference, or link that is to be removed and information reasonably sufficient to permit Working for Cures to locate the material, reference, or link;
- Your name, address and daytime telephone number, and an e-mail address if available, so that Working for Cures may contact you if necessary;
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright or other intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Working for Cures’ Designated Agent may be contacted at [email protected].
Upon receipt of a notice of claimed infringement (or any statement in conformance with 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3)), Working for Cures will expeditiously remove or disable access to the allegedly infringing content. Working for Cures will terminate the service privileges of users who repeatedly infringe the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of others. Please note that U.S. law provides penalties for falsely submitting a notice of copyright infringement.
8. Links To Third-Party Websites: The Service may contain links to third-party websites that are not controlled or operated by Working for Cures (“Linked Sites”). Working for Cures does not endorse, sponsor, recommend, or otherwise accept responsibility for any of these Linked Sites.
10. Registration and Security: You agree to provide accurate, current and complete information about yourself as requested or directed on the Service and to promptly update this information to maintain its accuracy by following our established procedures for updating your information. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and username, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your account. You agree to immediately notify Working for Cures if you become aware of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. Working for Cures has the right to suspend or terminate your account and to refuse any and all current or future use of the Service if it suspects that such information is inaccurate or incomplete or that the security of the account has been compromised.
11. Disclaimer of Warranties: THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED “AS IS.” WORKING FOR CURES MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER RELATING TO THE SERVICE, LINKED SITES, OR OTHER CONTENT THAT MAY BE ACCESSIBLE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY THROUGH THE SERVICE. WORKING FOR CURES DISCLAIMS TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW ANY AND ALL SUCH REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, WORKING FOR CURES DISCLAIMS TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW ANY AND ALL (A) WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, (B) WARRANTIES AGAINST INFRINGEMENT OF ANY THIRD-PARTY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OR PROPRIETARY RIGHTS, (C) WARRANTIES RELATING TO THE TRANSMISSION OR DELIVERY OF THE SERVICE, (D) WARRANTIES RELATING TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, CORRECTNESS, OR COMPLETENESS OF DATA MADE AVAILABLE ON THE SERVICE OR OTHERWISE BY WORKING FOR CURES, AND (E) WARRANTIES OTHERWISE RELATING TO PERFORMANCE, NONPERFORMANCE, OR OTHER ACTS OR OMISSIONS BY Working for Cures OR ANY THIRD PARTY. FURTHER, THERE IS NO WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR NEEDS OR REQUIREMENTS OR THE NEEDS OR REQUIREMENTS OF ANY OTHER PERSON.
12. Limitation of Liability: IN NO EVENT WILL WORKING FOR CURES OR ITS AFFILIATES, OR ANY PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING THE SERVICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS, USE, MISUSE, OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE OR ANY LINKED SITES, OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, OR LINE OR SYSTEM FAILURE. IN THE EVENT THAT YOU HAVE A DISPUTE WITH ANOTHER USER RELATED TO, ARISING FROM, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH USE OF THE SERVICE, YOU RELEASE WORKING FOR CURES FROM ANY CLAIMS, DEMANDS, AND DAMAGES OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH SUCH A DISPUTE.
THESE LIMITATIONS APPLY WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF Working for Cures HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WORKING FOR CURES’ LIABILITY IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.