Effective May 11, 2022
1. Information Collection
You generally are not required to provide information about yourself when you visit the Services. However, we may ask you for some or all of the following types of information when you access various content or features, submit information to us, or directly contact us with questions or feedback:
- Contact information, such as name, e-mail address, and postal address;
- Geolocation information and ZIP code information;
- Communications preferences and information about your interests;
- Search queries;
- Correspondence and other information that you send to us; or
- Additional information as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
We also may collect certain information automatically when you visit the Services, including:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Other unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers;
- Your browser type and operating system;
- Sites you visited before and after visiting the Services;
- Pages you view and links you click on within the Services;
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons, Local Shared Objects, and other technologies;
- Information about your interactions with e-mail messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were received, opened, or forwarded; or
- Standard Server Log Information.
Information from these tracking technologies allow us to measure activity through the Services and to create ideas for improving the Services, which may include the time and length of your visit, pages viewed, previously visited websites, and your Internet service.
2. Use of Information
We may use information that we collect through the Services for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Provide you with the services, newsletters, and information you request and respond to correspondence that we receive from you;
- Contact you via email and otherwise about services that we think might be of interest to you;
- Maintain or administer the Services, perform business analyses, or for other internal purposes to improve the quality of our business, the Services, and other services we offer;
- Customize and personalize your use of the Services;
- For our legitimate business purposes not otherwise prohibited by law; or
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
3. Sharing of Information
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect.
- Service Providers: We may share your information with service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf (such as to host the Services, fulfill requests, provide services, manage databases, perform analyses, provide customer service, or send communications for us).
- Partners and Members: We may share your information with our members and with select business partners.
- Organizational Structure: If we sell all or part of our organization, or make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or organizational transfer, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, a reorganization, or similar event, we may transfer your information as part of such transaction.
- Legitimate Business Purposes: We may share your information with third parties as appropriate for legitimate business purposes not otherwise prohibited by law.
- Other Parties With Your Express or Implied Consent: We may share your information with other third parties when you consent to such sharing.
- Aggregate Information: We may share aggregate information, such as usage statistics, with advertisers, sponsors or other organizations.
We do not share information that we collect with third parties for the third party’s direct marketing purposes.
4. Links To Other Web Sites
We have adopted security procedures to help protect against loss, misuse, and unauthorized access to the information you provide to us. Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to the Services and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your information.
6. Children’s Privacy
The Services are directed to a general audience. The Services do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from children under the age of 13 without prior parental consent, except as permitted by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). If we learn that we have collected personal information from a user under 13, we will promptly delete personal information collected from that user.
8. Do Not Track Signals
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites with which the user communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. Because there currently is no industry standard concerning what, if anything, websites should do when they receive such signals, we currently do not take action in response to these signals. If and when a final standard is established and accepted, we will reassess how to respond to these signals. In some cases, third parties may be able to collect information about a user’s online activities over time and across different websites when he or she uses our Services.
9. Social Networking Services
Working for Cures has worked with certain third-party social media providers to offer you their social networking services through our Services. For example, you can use third-party social networking services, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and others to share information about your experience on our Services with your friends and followers on those social networking services. These social networking services may be able to collect information about you, including your activity on our Services. These third-party social networking services also may notify your friends, both on our Services and on the social networking services themselves, that you are a user of our Services or about your use of our Services, in accordance with applicable law and their own privacy policies. If you choose to access or make use of third-party social networking services, we may receive information about you that you have made available to those social networking services, including information about your contacts on those social networking services.
10. International Users
11. Contact Us